Our New Protocol for Corona Virus
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
On March 17th, we closed our doors for the safety of our patients. While office was locked, our phone lines were always open for the patients in need. Fortunately, Dr. Khiria was constantly working and were able to accommodate most of the ones in pain and needed urgent assistance. On May 1st, 2020 Sacramento County Public Health has allowed to resume dental work including preventive care. Following county order Arden Oaks Dental Care is open now and resumes regular schedule.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- N95 masks with the fit-test conducted by the health officials
- Face Shields
- Level III Surgical Masks or double masking if needed
- Sneeze guard
- Scrub caps
- Lab coats daily laundry
- Air Scrubbers HEPA filtration units four in place to cover entire office
- Pure Vac from Dentsply for hygiene appointments
- External Aerosol Extractor.
- Thermometers and Oximeters
- Plastic Barriers (sneeze guards) at Front Desk
Our goal is to have minimum to no wait for patients. We also want fewer touch points and people interacting with our guests. We have de-decorated our office and operatories for easy and frequent sanitization.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. At the entry to dental office body temperature is taken and oxygen saturation levels are checked for each patients and staff members.
- Masks are mandatory for all patients and dental staff. Patients must stay in car and call our office at 916-428-6618 to check-in.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. We also have soap and water in each operatory where you will be asked to wash your hands and do a mouthwash before starting of any dental treatment including preventive care.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one
Please do not hesitate to call or text us for any questions or concerns. Our office is yours as well. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please email it to email@example.com or share it with your office staff.